Title: Training and Support Specialist
Group: Training, Fulfillment and Support
Reports to: Director, Training and Support
Reporting to the Director, Training and Support, the Training and Support Specialist is responsible for providing a consistent, standardized approach to client orientation, training and ongoing support for all of Environics Analytics’ (EA) data products and software tools. The Training and Support Specialist will deliver training in an innovative, engaging way that will increase client retention of information and encourage use of our data and tools.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to do the following:
- Continually develop innovative, engaging ways to increase client retention of information, using enhanced technology and/or new methods and media.
- Develop and maintain reference documentation that will include significant detail that may not be included in the training presentation or exercises.
- Maintain detailed records of training and support activities; review frequently as part of an iterative loop, part of a continuous improvement process.
- Constant liaison with Sales, Product Management and Fulfillment to ensure:
- Initial training and orientation of EA data and software is prepared and delivered in a timely way;
- Client comments are reported and used to improve products and/or delivery
- Cross sell/upsell opportunities are identified and reported (to practice leaders)
- Provide ongoing daily technical and other support via phone, email and in-person for data and software.
- Follow up with clients leading to increased client satisfaction with and retention of EA’s products.
- Resolve any problems or issues in collaboration with other EA personnel
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Post-secondary degree in Geography, Business or related field
- Experience - Minimum of 5+ years of experience, preferably in a related business
- Technical Skills – Expertise in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as facility with other software applications include EA’s proprietary ENVISION product.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. Organizes or schedules other people.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
– Able to create and deliver informative, compelling presentations that capture and keep the audience’s attention – both in person and via WebEx. Uses a strong voice, consistent eye contact, and exudes a confident presence. Observes the reactions of the audience and adjusts tone, pace, style and content to address any issues.
Please click here to apply to this position.